10th Osaka Marathon 2022: Unfortunately, the Osaka Marathon, which was canceled last year, has increased the number of participants from 32,000 every year to 20,000 and will be integrated with the Lake Biwa Mainichi Marathon to hold the 10th Osaka Marathon on Sunday, February 27, 2022. The venue of the Osaka Marathon course starts in front of the Osaka Prefectural Government and finishes in Osaka Castle Park.
Osaka Marathon 2022 Overview
Reception time: 10:30 – 17:30
(excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays)
February 25, 2022 (Friday) and
Saturday 26, 9:00 – 20:00
February 27, 2022 (Sunday) 7: 00-17: 00
TV broadcast: Watch Osaka Marathon 2022 NHK, Yomiuri TV, MBS TV
Osaka Marathon 2022 Capacity: 20,000 people
Japan Association of Athletics Federations, Osaka Prefecture, Osaka City, Osaka Athletics Association
Yomiuri Shimbun, Mainichi Shimbun, NHK
Osaka Athletics Association
2022 Osaka Marathon Date and time
2022 (4th year of Reiwa) February 27 (Sun)
9: 05 / Wheelchair marathon start
9: 15 / Marathon 1st Wave Start
9: 25 / Marathon 2nd Wave Start
9: 40 / Marathon 3rd Wave Start
11: 25 / Wheelchair marathon ends
16: 15 / Marathon ends
Laws of the Game
According to the latest WA competition rules, 2021 Japan Association of Athletics Federation rules and this tournament rules. This tournament is an Erie Travel Race certified by WA, and the WA Road Race Labeling Regulations apply. Doping tests will also be conducted in accordance with WA rules. Wheelchair marathons are subject to the World Para Athletics (WPA) competition rules and the rules of this competition.
How to start
A wave (time difference) start will be implemented to alleviate congestion and prevent infection. Regardless of whether or not you are registered with the Japan Association of Athletics Federations, specify the wave start order and start alignment block by referring to the record certificate time (personal best time) declaration at the time of application. If both the record certificate time and the expected time are undeclared, the start will be from the last block of the final wave. If you start from the front of the designated block, you will be disqualified.
Osaka Marathon 2022 Time limit
7 hours (competition end time 16:15)
➤ The time limit is based on the first wave gun. However, the wheelchair marathon will be 2 hours and 20 minutes (competition end time 11:25).
➤ Japan Association of Athletics Federations enlisted competitors
➤ Runners who are not registered with the Japan Association of Athletics Federations
◉ Japan Association of Athletics Federations registered athletes will be registered in 2021.
◉ If it is difficult to run alone, one companion can be attached. A companion can be replaced only once at a designated place on the course. An animal such as a guide dog is not allowed to accompany.
◉ Those who can complete the race by the end time of the competition.
➤ Competition wheelchair runner
◉ Wheelchairs are restricted to competition wheel-chair according to WPA competition rules. Those competing after April 1, 2019 (Heisei 31) have a record of half marathon in 1 hour 10 minutes or full marathon in 2 hours 20 minutes.
➤ General runners (individuals) 16,320
◉ Includes 3,000 consecutive losers. Individual entries for the 7th to 9th tournaments will be decided by lottery from among the 3 consecutive losers (no special entry procedure required)
◉ This time, we will not recruit in pairs or groups.
➤ 30 competition wheelchair runners
➤ Citizen athletes (1,500 people/first-come-first-served basis)
◉ Standard time set for each age group and gender [18-39 years old: 3 hours (boys), 3 hours 40 minutes (girls), 40-49 years old: 3 hours 10 minutes (boys), 3 hours 45 minutes (girls), 50-59 years: 3 hours 25 minutes (boys), 4 hours (girls), 60-69 years: 3 hours 50 minutes (boys), 4 hours 30 minutes (girls), 70 years-: 4 hours 30 minutes (Men) ・ 5 hours 10 minutes (Women)] For those who have a record (gross time or net time after April 1, 2019 (2019) on the official course of Nippon Rikuren or WA/AIMS) Limited. The age of the reference time depends on the full age based on the day of the competition. Submission of a record certificate is mandatory, and if a false declaration is made, participation will not be permitted.
➤ Osaka Sports Support Runner (400 each in Osaka Prefecture and Osaka City, 800 people in total/first-come-first-served basis)
◉ Limited to those who have donated 100,000 yen or more to the “Namihaya Sports Promotion Fund” in Osaka Prefecture or the “Osaka City Sports Promotion Fund” in Osaka City within the recruitment period, or those nominated by the donor, using the hometown tax payment system. Participation fee is required separately.
➤ Charity runner (1,000 people / first-come-first-served basis)
◉ Limited to those who have collected 70,000 yen or more by fundraising to a charity organization designated by the Osaka Marathon. Participation fee is required separately.
➤ Runners with disabilities (50 people)
◉ Persons with disabilities who have a physical disability certificate, mental disability certificate, or nursing certificate (excluding competition wheelchair runners). If you lose the prize, you will be drawn again as a general runner. (No re-entry procedure required)
➤ Elite runner (about 300 men and women)
◉ 2021 Japan Association of Athletics Federations registered athletes who are 19 years of age or older on the day of the competition. Participation criteria, etc. Will be determined separately.
How to apply
Osaka Marathon 2022 Limited to the Internet (PC/smartphone) (Excluding elite runners)
From this time, the participation fee will be paid only by credit card.
Osaka Marathon 2022 Awards
The awards will be given as follow according to the gross time Osaka Marathon 2022.
➤ Awards will be given to 1st to 8th place for both men and women and men and women in wheelchairs for competition.
➤ As a citizen runner award, the first place for men and women, excluding invited athletes, elite runners, and guest runners, will be commended.
➤ As the Chicago Marathon Award, the first place for men and women living in Osaka Prefecture will be commended, excluding invited athletes, elite runners, guest runners, representative athletes of collaborative competitions, and winners of the 8th and 9th competitions.
◉ Separately, a certificate will be sent at a later date to the 1st to 3rd place men and women in increments of 5 years by age group, excluding invited athletes, elite runners, guest runners, and general prize winners.
Osaka Marathon 2022 Participation notes
(1) Please refrain from participation by those who do not agree with the purpose of the charity program.
(2) Those who do not meet the participation qualifications cannot participate. Participation by anyone other than the applicant is not allowed.
(3) If the name, qualifications for participation, record certificate, etc. are found to be false or fraudulent, disqualification will be disqualified and participation will not be permitted. In addition, we will not accept applications for future competitions.
(4) We will contact you after application by sending an email to the registered email address. The organizer will not be held responsible if the organizer fails to receive the email due to a malfunction of the participant’s equipment, improper email settings, or a change in the email address.
(5) Please use public transportation to reach the venue. However, the organizer will not take any responsibility if you cannot participate due to transportation delays.
(6) Please participate after managing your physical condition. The organizer is not responsible for any illness or other accidents other than first aid. You will be covered by non-life insurance (compensation), but epidemics including the new coronavirus infection are not covered.
(7) The organizer is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged valuables or baggage.
(8) It is not permitted to post or wear designs, characters, trademarks, etc. that mean company names, product names, etc. at the competition venue (including on the course) for advertising purposes.
(9) Games videos, photos, articles, location information, participants’ names, ages, places of residence (prefecture names or city/ward/town/village names), records, etc. The right to publish in printed matter and the right to portrait belong to the organizer.
(10) Photographs of the tournament may be sold by a person entrusted by the organizer.
(11) In addition to the above, please follow the instructions of the organizer for matters related to the tournament.